Code of Conduct
The HWPA promotes the overall improvement of the quality of community supports necessary for individuals to reach their highest level of independence. The mission of this organization is to provide the necessary resources to develop, strengthen, and attain the highest standards of excellence in and for the DD community.
- Promote open and honest communication among members and with participants, constituents, families, state officials, and other interested parties, etc.
- Encourage professional growth of the member's employees.
- Encourage members to abide by the Association's professional Code of Conduct.
- Support and network with other members, outside agencies and individuals.
- Foster the development of appropriate training, resources, education, and services.
- Establish and enhance opportunities for advocacy.
- Enhance interaction and involvement with legislative and governmental issues.
Our mission is based on the following Code of Conduct:
INTEGRITY: Accurate, timely, and truthful communication and representation.
COMPETENCE: Make best efforts to maintain the highest level of professional competencies for member organizations and those in their employment.
PROFESSIONAL CONDUCT: Promote the dignity and autonomy of the profession and maintain positive professional relationships with all parties. All relationships should be supported by the goal to improve the quality of life for the individuals who receive supports and services from the member agency.
PROMOTIONS, MARKETING, AND REPRESENTATION: Make best efforts to ensure that consumers and others who make decisions regarding services have complete and accurate information in order to make informed choices.
INDIVIDUAL VALUE AND DIGNITY: Supports principles of self-determination and person-centered planning. Provide supports and services which promote the respect and dignity of each individual served by a member organization.
SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY: Supports strengthening the community and fosters inclusive settings.